Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Finding grace

I'm going back to school! No not that kind of school, another type of school. Its, how do I put this, a God kind of school. Oh yeah there's lots of learning to do I can barely keep up, its a crash course! There's so much to grasp! During this time spent in isolation, am learning a lot about life, about myself, about God. Re-evaluating my priorities and crossing things (and people, yikes!) out of my life.

The first major lesson that I've learnt so far is God's grace. I mean, total, unadulterated grace. Not defined to me by some spiritual guru or leader, just simple grace and experiencing it for myself. Grace, oh that word sounds so good to my mind and to my lips, I'm gonna have to say type three more times! Grace. Grace. Grace.

 Oh what joy to know, that I've been bought with a price that I am not my own, that despite making a mess of my existence I am still loved! To know that whatever happens, God, my Father, has got my back. I'll never scare Him away, I'll never hurt Him so deeply, I can ever irritate Him with my annoying habits. He's really here for the long haul. How's that for reliability and dependability? Our God is awesome! No human words can describe His goodness and bigness of heart!

And so even though, there's been some scary things happening in my life, it takes a whole load of pressure of my back to know that I am His. And He is mine. And His grace is sufficient to me and to you too dear friend. Accept it, receive it. He loves us and who can ever have too much love?



"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor 12:9

God's blessings and peace to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nduta, Amazing Grace. I love the word grace, I probably say it so much because now more than ever I realize I need it every waking minute.
    P.s was looking for you on Fb and hoped you were still blogging.
    I'm so encouraged by your blog.

    ReplyDelete