Thursday, June 21, 2012

Being my son's mum

Am just wondering. And thinking that there must not be anything else as beautiful and as special as having a baby fall asleep in your arms. My son turned 16 months old on Tuesday and I still haven't gotten used to it. It really is the most pure, calming thing to watch. Even though it often takes me more that a few minutes to get him to nod off, its so rewarding when he finally does.

Kinda reminds me of motherhood. It takes so much physical and emotional strength, it can really wear you out. Make you wanna runaway but would I have it any other way? The answer is a simple, clear, emphatic NO! Every child born is worth the tears and the pain and the work and the sleepless nights. Every child born is worth it because not only is giving life and nurturing it beautiful and rewarding, God says that the children are His. We just happen to be stewards. And so we better carry out that role with fear and trembling as we will one day give an account.

Reflect on that today and if you're a mama be encouraged (You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!)

Love and blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment