Monday, February 11, 2013

Anyone but Uhuru and Ruto

I used to have a full night of sleep..but not anymore. These days am kept up by so many factors. For starters, let's talk politics. even though am greatly disillusioned by the turn Kenyan politics has taken, I have to participate in it. I have to confessthat I've spent the last 5 years feeling cheated and vowing to not take part in the politics of this nation. That's because, call me naive, I actually believed in those manifestos. I believed I was voting in for development and jobs and less corruption and good governance. But wapi? You know how it goes.
But now something peculiar has been happening in me. I now feel this nudging to do something, not only for myself and my love for this country, but also for the sake of my sons. They have no other home, us parents we owe it to our children to leave a better world than we found it. To give them a better life.
And so come March 4th, you'll find me on the line, somewhere in Kiambu County voting for anyone but Uhuruto! And I suggest you all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment